Monte Carlo, Monaco
Situated on the Côte d'Azur, between Italy and France, the Principality of Monaco offers more than 300 days of sunshine. Besides the fabulous climate, people are also attracted by the region's warm engaging colors, the variety of its surroundings and the friendliness of the people.
Due to the size of the group, attendees will be split between the two hotels below. You will receive your assigned hotel 30 days before arrival through email confirmation.
The Fairmont Monte Carlo is a unique luxury convention resort located in the heart of Monaco, between the Mediterranean Sea and the legendary Monte-Carlo Casino. Besides being one of the most prestigious hotels of the Principality, the Fairmont Monte Carlo is also one of the largest resorts in Europe, boasting 596 guest rooms, residences and suites, four restaurants & bars, 18 meeting rooms, fitness centre, Spa, unique wellness facilities, and a shopping arcade.
Thanks to the reputation and variety of its dining offering, the Fairmont Monte Carlo has a place of honor amongst the Monaco restaurants.
Discover the stunning view of the Mediterranean Sea and the comfortable, relaxed environment of the Saphir24, a bistro lounge & bar open 24h/7d. Be tempted by the breakfast, the lunch, and the dinner between sky & sea at the Horizon Deck & Champagne bar, located on the 7th floor with a 360° view over the Principality's legendary Opera House, Prince's Palace, and Casino, and against a backdrop of the renowned & Riviera and the azure splendor of the Mediterranean. Every Sunday, experience the summer brunch Pink Sunday including wine or champagne rosé, live music, and kids club. Experience the NOBU restaurant with its exceptional Asian cuisine with hints of South American influence in a stylish, intimate dining space as well as a lounge and bar, 2 private areas, a sushi bar, and a terrace overlooking the Mediterranean for dinner. Every day, from 6pm to 8pm, enjoy the NOBU HAPPY HOUR with fabulous cocktails at -50%. Nobu and Saphir24 are open late on both Friday and Saturday nights.
Depending on weather, the Fairmont pool will either open as the hotel pool, or if the weather is exceptional early in the season, Nikki Beach will take over the pool to open a pool club.
Le Meridien Beach Plaza
Expect the unexpected in Monaco at Le Méridien Beach Plaza. Here, find yourself among like-minds on our family friendly hotel's exclusive, private beach on the Mediterranean Sea and just moments from iconic Monte Carlo shopping, dining and nightlife.
Le Méridien Monte Carlo is the only beach resort in Monte Carlo with its own private beach directly connected to the hotel, so guests can easily access their very own private piece of heaven without having to think about transportation. Discover all the amenities of a luxury beach resort with a breathtaking panorama looking out towards a unique horizon. The services of the private beach at Le Méridien Beach Plaza are fully dedicated for the enjoyment and relaxation of the mind and body during the entirety of the stay. Plus did we mention this hotel also has both an indoor and outdoor pool!
Le Méridien Beach Plaza offers a delightful variety of restaurants infused with personal character and surrounded by Monaco's vibrant Mediterranean ambiance. Awaken to a lazy Sunday in Monaco with a sumptuous lunch at L’intempo or plan your intimate dinner preceded by aperitifs in the Longitude 7° 26' Bar. Both dining options offer the perfect beachfront backdrop and are open year-round.
A Sweet, Frozen Treat Savour the flavour of sweet summers on the Mediterranean year-round with our take on the quintessential European dessert, Le Scoop by Le Méridien. Indulge in a bit of frozen delight and enjoy a sweet, chic treat with our gelato and sorbet.
Also just a 1 minute walk away, there restaurant selections are incredible from Maya Bay to Maya Jah & Le Note Bleue. This location is foodies heaven. Plus don't forget about Monaco's nightlife being right outside your door!
Things to Know:
- Weather: In May, the average temp is 56° Fahrenheit/13° Celsius. That means pack a jacket for the evenings.
- The Fairmont Monte Carlo & Le Meridien Beach Plaza are 45 minutes from the Nice International Airport.
- The official language in Monaco is French, while the national language is Monégasque, a dialect of Genoese spoken in Monaco.
- Monaco, the second smallest independent state in the world after the Vatican, is the world’s most densely populated country.
- It is not a member of either the European Union or the European Economic Area, but it still maintains an open border and customs union with France and the other Schengen states.
- A passport is required for visitors entering Monaco from outside Europe. No visa is required for passport holders of the following locations: US, Europe, Australia, Colombia, Japan, and Singapore. If you do have a passport from an alternate location, it is your responsibility to research if a Visa is required, and if it is, to then obtain your Visa for the trip: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/who-needs-schengen-visa/
- Due to Monaco-France agreements and the established close relations, if you need a visa to visit France, then you will need a visa to visit Monaco as well. A French visa allows you to enter Monaco, and a French permit gives you the right to remain there for the appointed period.
Therefore, if you do not need a visa to enter the Schengen Member states, you do not need a visa to visit Monaco either. All this is regulated by the Franco-Monegasque Neighborhood agreement of 18 May 1963.
- City Map to download: Monaco City Map
Here's an entertaining blog post on traveling to Monte Carlo and what to wear: https://www.thefashionisto.com/what-wear-when-visiting-monaco/